Guardians Of The Galaxy - Film Review (NO SPOILERS)

September 23, 2014



Being hooked on Marvel from the first time I watched Iron Man, I simply couldn’t resist going to see this film. Especially when I found out it had a talking raccoon and a giant talking tree, the deal was sealed!


Without giving too much away (because I’m trying to get better at that) the plot is centred around five criminals who are on the mission to save the galaxy from a blue dude (played by The Hobbit’s Lee Pace) who wants ultimate control. I had my preconceptions about this movie, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I expected a plot filled with clichés and one-dimensional dialogue but found that the film was witty, funny and even touching in places. I especially liked how the main 5 characters didn’t take themselves too seriously and were able to joke, without detracting from their overall character.


However, my only criticism about the film was that I sometimes got lost with the plotline. The reason for this was that some characters names were similar and crucial information was either mumbled or lost within the characters shouting. Despite this, I still found the film enjoyable to watch.

I am going to score this film a 7/10, I loved the sense of humour that was injected and I feel that it made what could have been a typical superhero film into something that makes it stand out from the crowd (so to speak) and also because there’s a talking raccoon that’s voiced by Bradley Cooper… what other reasons are there?
Oh yeah, Chris Pratt… lets add an extra point on for that!

Score: 8/10

Oh, and a little word to the wise, if you do go to the cinema to see this film, make sure you stay for the after-credit scene.



Back to top

You Might Also Like

0 comments