Pulp Fiction - Film Review (NO SPOILERS)

October 01, 2014




Director: Quentin Tarantino
Starring: John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson, Uma Thurman, Harvey Keitel, Tim Roth, Amanda Plummer, Maria de Medeiros, Ving Rhames, Eric Stoltz, Rosanna Arquette, Christopher Walken, Bruce Willis   

*Before I start this post can I warn all prospective viewers that there are some scenes of an upsetting and disturbing nature so caution is advised when viewing.*

So my friends have been bugging me to watch this film for a while now, but it being an 18, and me being a wuss I had to psyche myself up to watch it; and now I’m really confused…


It started off pretty ‘normal’ for a gangster film, you know people dying and stuff, but then it got REALLY strange. It got to the point where I found it hard to understand the plotline and there was just too much violence for my liking. The plot line was non-linear which just added to my confusion and I simply couldn’t grasp how Bruce Willis’ character fitted into the story until half way through the film. Although, despite the confusion, I did enjoy the on-screen relationship between John Travolta and Samuel L Jackson, they had a real chemistry and brought some well needed comedic moments to an otherwise heavy film.

Sadly, I did not enjoy this film as there was simply too much violence. I would not recommend it to those with a sensitive disposition as I believe they would find it too disturbing. However, for those of you who like action I would say this is one to watch as it would be right up your street.

Score 2/10

Bonus Fact: Samuel L. Jackson racked up a total of 27 mother f*ckers throughout the film... impressive


Back to top

You Might Also Like

0 comments