University Life... Day one

September 13, 2015

Hey Guys,
Long time no speak, and there's a good reason for that... I moved into my university halls today and have been busy unpacking and meeting my lovely roommates...

I can't believe how much stuff I had to pile into my Dad's car! There were all my boxes containing things for my room, two suitcases full of clothes and my duvet and pillow for my bed. There was so much stuff that there was barely enough room for my Dad and I but we managed it in the end!

One of the craziest parts of the day though has to be when the introductions began. There I was, looking round my friend's flat when there was a knock on the door, standing there was the entire flat above, waiting to be introduced to one another... however, it was as we went to more flats that things started to get strange. Every flat we went to we picked up more people until there was at least 30 of us walking round, introducing ourselves to each other. It was CRAZY! It was like something in an American 'coming of age' movie. I know it sounds kinda dull, given what usually goes off during university freshers but I just thought it was hilarious that all these people were following each other around from flat to flat, in an attempt to get to know people and find out what course they are on and it made me a touch less nervous as I knew that everyone felt the same way as I did.

Today has been such a roller-coaster I'm finding it hard to grasp that I am here, all the hard work and stress of A Levels has paid off and I'm finally here... but I'm feeling quite homesick, especially since this is my first time away from my parents! I know I haven't even been away for one full night yet, but its so strange, hopefully I'll get used to it and I can enjoy my time at university!

Lottie :)

P.S. As you've probably noticed, my blog has received a little face lift and now includes the tag 'Student Blog' - here is where I will post my university adventure and hopefully some other interesting topics too! 

 photo 8cc3c5da-bb9d-4f6e-a958-214c79fcc8bb_zps2d899653.png  photo 8a53bf3b-e055-4bab-be06-30559d3f8d54_zps8c5f80d5.png  photo fbbbf2f7-086c-413b-9989-0edfa5e4b3ec_zps30839ce2.png

Back to top

You Might Also Like

0 comments