GRWM - Birthday Make-up

February 27, 2016

Since it is my birthday today, I thought I would show you the 50s/ Audrey Hepburn inspired make-up look I did when I went out on Thursday. I loved this look because it was quite elegant which fitted with the dress I was wearing and I felt great! So, without further ado, here is how to achieve my birthday make-up look...



After I applied my foundation, I did a thicker cat eye than I did for my New Year's Day make-up post as I wanted my eyes to pop a bit more as I was going out. I think I am starting to get the hang of doing cat eye as I used to apply a really thick line, but then I switched to a thinner eyeliner brush and I started to get better at doing it! I guess practice does make perfect!



I tried something different with my eyes, I've seen a few make-up tutorials where a gold smokey eye is shown and I thought it looked really glamorous but never tried to recreate it until I remembered I had a make-up pallette that had different shades of gold and brown in it so I thought 'why not?' To achieve this look, I blended together a gold colour, a red/brown and a dark brown, starting from the inside of the eyelid and working out to create a smokey eye. The first picture shows how my eye looked before I had blended and I think it worked really well. I had to improvise a little as I had put a little too much dark brown on so I added more gold over the top to soften it out, I also lengthened my eyeliner to achieve the classic 'full eye' that Audrey Hepburn was famous for. 


To complete my look, I added some blush and red lipstick. I loved the little pop of colour the red of my lipstick and my nails added to my otherwise monochrome outfit. I really like wearing something monochrome and adding a splash of colour whether that be with my lipstick, shoes or bag and I feel that it is such a classic look that anyone can pull off! 






This is my finished look!
Feeling like Audrey Hepburn 
I absolutely love this dress, it made me feel great and I love the slit in the front, it made me feel all Angelina Jolie-esque which is never a bad thing! My flatmate did my hair (which unfortunately I lost the photo for :( ) which added another touch of Audrey Hepburn glamour to my outfit. When I go out I don't normally opt to have my hair up but I really enjoyed not having hair in my drink all evening! The back had a criss-cross effect which was different (made it really hard to get in and out of though!) and the floor-length was totally different to the above the knee dresses I usually buy! 


Products:
Foundation - Clinique moisture surge tinted moisturiser (shade 2)
Concealer - Clinique airbrush concealer (Neutral Fair)
Eyeliner - Barry M 'Blink' Eyeliner 
Mascara - Clinique chubby lash fattening mascara 
Eyeshadow: I actually don't know, I received them as a gift for Christmas a few years ago and I can't remember what brand they are... :/
Eyebrows - Rimmel London eyebrow pencil
Lipstick - MAC Red 
Blush - Bourjois mandarin blush




Back to top

You Might Also Like

0 comments