How I stay warm and look stylish in Winter

January 09, 2019


Winter is in full swing and with the weather drawing in, it can often be hard to stay warm while also looking nice. As for me, I am always cold so staying warm is essential because as soon as it gets to October I find myself reaching for my chunky knit jumpers and layering up. I think my style could best be described as 'stylish yet practical' as I like to look nice but need to be warm and dressed appropriately for the weather so I have created this post to show how I layer up and stay warm while still getting the most out of my wardrobe...

Jumpers
Who doesn't love a good jumper? I have quite a lot of jumpers as they are one of the main things I wear from about October - March, every outfit has a jumper with it and I find that helps me to stay warm. There is nothing better to me than snuggling up in a warm jumper while it is cold outside. Since I wear jumpers a lot throughout winter I find that I get bored of them quite easily which is why I buy a lot from Primark as it allows me to tire of the jumper without feeling guilty that I spent a lot of money on one jumper, and also they are warm too so why not!

I love this turtleneck from New Look, it goes with everything and I like the cropped body which changes it up a bit

This chenille jumper from Primark is SO WARM and soft. It's one of those jumpers where you look like you've put in a lot of effort while really not trying. The purple colour is also gorgeous which I love.

This jumper is from Primark and I love the mustard yellow colour. I think it brightens up your outfit in winter when there's not a lot of colour around. 
You might recognise this from the Dog Rates Twitter account. My friend bought me this jumper for my birthday and I love it so much! It is slightly baggier and it is so comfortable, pair it with some jeans and you've got a casual look for every day. 
Longsleeved T-shirts
Now these are essential for me during winter. Worn simply as a t-shirt or under a jumper they add so much warmth to my outfits. I also have a couple of thermal t-shirts that I wear in snowy weather. I love layering up under my jumpers to stave off the cold but if I get warm there is always the option of wearing something cute under my jumper. All of my long-sleeved t-shirts are from Primark as you can get a lot of colours and styles on a budget which I love!
I love this t-shirt. I often wear it under my mustard jumper and with my denim skirt as seen here.

This is my fave t-shirt at the moment. I love how the light blue makes my outfit a little bit more special than just a plain t-shirt, and I also love the neckline which pokes above some of my jumpers.
Thermal tights
I don't know about you, but I always found it so sad that I couldn't wear my skirts and dresses during the winter months as my 40Dernier tights would never keep me warm enough and I found winter to be really boring without the option to wear something other than jeans. Well, that was until I discovered thermal tights. I get all my tights from M&S and stumbled across their 100Dernier tights one day and just knew they would keep me warm, and they did! I wore them on my birthday when there was snow on the ground and the temperature was below zero and I was actually pretty toasty. They're so thick and comfortable that I would recommend these to anyone and they are my trusty warm tights in the winter months.

Please excuse the pose, it's the only one I know how to do apparently lol
Jean Substitutes
Winter gets so boring when you wear jeans every day but when you need the warmth that trousers give what else can you wear? Well I love wearing my leather-look leggings because they add a bit of edginess to my outfits while being surprisingly warm. They also kinda make me feel like Sandy from Grease and as they are black they go with everything!
The next jean substitutes are technically still jeans, but they've got a little bit extra that elevates them from being plain old jeans...
They are, of course, dungarees! I absolutely love my dungarees and they are made out of really thick denim that is perfect for colder weather. I love how they're a bit different from jeans so you don't feel like you are wearing the same thing every day but how I can still stay in my comfort zone with what I like to wear.

Boots!
Finally, the piece de la resistance, boots! If you know me, you'll know I love boots and that's practically all I wear so here are some of my faves that help keep me stylish yet warm.
First up, my sparkly boots. I wear these when I am going somewhere nice as the diamantes make the boot a bit more jazzy than I'd like for every day. They are really comfortable though and I love them when I am wearing dresses.

These are my every day, go with everything boots. I wear them with skirts or with jeans and they are so comfortable. I love how they lace-up as I have narrow feet, meaning I can form the shoe to my foot but they also have zips meaning I can get them on and off easily. 
I love my Timbs so much! They are properly insulated and are practical yet stylish. Winter would not be the same without them as my feet would constantly be cold which isn't good!
Finally, my over-the-knee-boots. I absolutely adore these boots as they make jeans look so much nicer. I had been looking for over-the-knee boots for a while when I stumbled on these lace-up ones from Missguided but don't worry they have a zip up the side so I can get them off haha
So that's it, my top tips for staying warm in winter while looking nice, hope you enjoyed.

Lottie

Back to top

You Might Also Like

0 comments