50s Films Please (26/31)

April 07, 2015

I watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers today and it got me thinking how good films were in the 50s.

I don't know about anyone else but I love 50s films for the simple reason that they have everything; a good (albeit kinda far-fetched story line), songs and tap dancing to die for (and this is coming from a fellow tapper). And the costumes.... don't even get me started. If you know me, then you know how much I adore vintage clothes (specifically 50s dresses) so watching people wearing huge skirts with puffy underskirts is perfect for me! I literally could sit and ramble on to you all day about how much I love vintage clothing, but you would most likely get bored and then shun the internet forever... sorry. But seriously, why did Hollywood stop making this style of film? I mean, don't get me wrong, I do love a drama, but it would be nice to have an all-singing, all-dancing bonanza of a film (complete with tap dancing) in the cinemas now. Can we make this happen, while it's true that nobody can compare with the stars of the day (Gene Kelly, Audrey Hepburn etc) but we could give it ago... we need a new Singin' In The Rain or Top Hat right away... pleeeeeeaaaaasssseee!

Lottie :)

Back to top

You Might Also Like

0 comments