Summery Gold Liner Look

August 08, 2016

A few months ago I was browsing through the Nyx stand in Boots when I came across a gold eyeliner which got me really excited. I had been looking for a gold eyeliner for aaaggees and the only one I could find was in Lush for £15 or so which I thought was a little expensive (sorry Lush) so the fact that this one was £5.50 was an instant hit with me! Having said that, I have only used this product once properly as I keep reaching for the same make-up I usually wear but the Rio Olyimpics and summer has inspired me to embrace the gold, so here's a summery gold liner look...



Here is all the make-up I will be using today. I will put all the product into at the end of this post but if I'm honest, it's mostly the same as every other make-up post I've ever done! :P



Since its summer and since I also have sensitive skin, I don't like using foundation on a regular basis so I use pressed powder instead. I'm using the Maybelline 'Matte Maker' at the moment and i find it just gives my skin enough coverage without feeling cloggy and allowing my skin to breathe which is really important for my skin type! 



After powdering my face I move onto my eyes. I use the Collection concealer on my eyes as a primer as this is a lot cheaper than a primer (student problems) and I begin applying my eyeshadow on top of this. I'm using the Clinique smokey eye kit but as I am creating a statement eyeliner, I am not creating a bold smokey eye. 


After blending my smokey eye I then create a regular cat-eye with my L'oreal liner. I love this liner and I'm actually running out since I use it almost every day but I create a small cat-eye. I then add some phwoar (is that a word? It is now!) by lining the black liner with the gold. This requires a steady hand and that's why it took me line 5 mins per eye as I was going at snail pace. The black eyeliner makes the gold really pop and the darker eyeshadow again draws your eye to the gold - which is what we want because you want your make-up to scream 'HEY, I'M WEARING GOLD LINER BRUH!' 




After I do my eyes I move onto brows. Unfortunately I wasn't gifted with Cara Delevigne brows so I use the Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil (keep posted for more about this product) to fill them in and then finish them with the Benefit Gimme Brow. I also want to make my brows stand out more so I use the Clinique concealer to outline my brows and blend using a make up sponge I got from Boots. 


This is a new make-up development for me but I've started doing a small contour by using the NYX blush. I quite like doing this as it's lighter than a regular contour so I can sort of ease myself into the process before I go full Kim K. I also add a ton of highlighter to the apples of my cheeks and under my brows because you can never be too sparkly... unless you're Edward Cullen then yes, yes you can. 


For this look I like to use a nude lip, just as so much is going on in the eye department. My fave nude at the moment is the NYX liquid lipstick. I wear this literally all the time, it's light, durable and highly pigmented so it's a winner!


This is the finished look, I absolutely love it as it's so summery and special. I wore this out a couple of weeks ago and loads of people noticed I was wearing gold liner and I was wearing glasses! So this is a look that will grab people's attention whether you wear glasses or not! 

Oh! If you want to know how I did my hair, I literally washed it and slept with it in french plaits #oldskool

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed this tutorial, I'm no make-up guru but I love playing around with make-up, especially the glittery type but I guess this is what you get when you grew up in the 90s/00s!

Lottie!

Products:
Foundation - Clinique Moisture Surge tinted moisturiser (Shade 02)
Powder - Maybelline Matte Maker (Natural Beige)
Concealer - Collection Lasting Perfection (Shade 02 - Cool Medium)
Clinique Airbrush Concealer (Shade  04 - Neutral Fair)
Mascara - Rimmel Extra Super Lash (Black)
Eyeliner - L'oreal Super Liner (Black)
NYX Glam Liner (Gold)
Brows - Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil (Shade 6)
Benefit Gimme Brow Setting Liquid (Medium/Deep)
Lips - NYX Liquid Suede Liquid Lipstick (Soft-Spoken)
Contour/Highlight - NYX Butt Naked Eyeshadow & Highlighter Pallette
Brushes - I honestly don't kow, I got them for Christmas when I was 13... Santa? 


 photo Lottie FB_zpsfihzihiu.png  photo Lottie Twit_zpskz8guazg.png  photo Lottie Insta_zpsny1gl8bp.png  photo Lottie BlogLovin_zps9xtohrqa.png

Back to top

You Might Also Like

0 comments